Is there any way to fix my BIOS?

Gammio

I switched some switches in my BIOS to try to increase performance, and all that ended up happening was that my computer won't boot up AT ALL. Is there some way on a motherboard to perform a hard-reset off all features?

Un-plug the PC from the wall.
If it's a portable PC, take out the Battery.
Last but not least, remove the motherboard battery (usually the size of a small coin) for about 10 Minutes.

All customized BIOS settings are stored in memory powered by a battery and removing the motherboard's battery will default all settings to factory.

Thank you! It will boot up now, thank you. It sorta is freaking out now, and keeps crashing upon trying to load windows, but I might be able to handle things from here. Should I reintall those new BIOS I had previously, or are those kept on the HDDS?

It keeps reseting all the time and claiming there's something wrong, whoch Windows then tries to fix, ans susequently fails to fix, and then it shuts down.

It gets to the Windows, " loading windows " screen, freezes, and then blue screens into a restart.

I know you all ready reset the bios by removing the battery on the main board. But if you can boot into the Bios try setting it to Default settings . The run a repair on your OS. If the repair dose not work. You may just have to run a factory install. As far as installing a new bios now I would hold that off. Till you can get your Pc back up and running.

Oh yeah, I got it up and running again. I just went into the BIOS and set everything to the fail-safe defaults, and that seemed to solve everything. I think the problem is that it's trying to use the SATA ports that aren't actually being used, so it crumples on itself.

Just a tip to save time. To reset the bios by taking out the battery, instead of waiting ten minutes as some suggest, just put the battery in backwards momentarily. It does not damage anything and pulls all the stored voltage out of any capacitors. I used to do this all the time at Intel when changing the bios on test boards.

Just a tip to save time. To reset the bios by taking out the battery, instead of waiting ten minutes as some suggest, just put the battery in backwards momentarily. It does not damage anything and pulls all the stored voltage out of any capacitors. I used to do this all the time at Intel when changing the bios on test boards.
Interesting, sounds like something I would do but feel hesitant to suggest to others. I normally don't even wait the 10 minutes (1 minute usually works for me) but since that is the time normally given by others, that is the time I use in my suggestions.

Back