Is this a good hard drive or should I get something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 of a hotdog

I would like to get a hard drive for around 50$ and I’m not sure what to look for. I want to use it for more games and a ton of random stuff. I noticed this hard drive and it’s got a lot of space but I’m not sure if I should get it or something that is faster with less space or what I should do.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136073

So should I get that or something else?

When I hook it up all I have to do is screw it into the cage and plug the sata cable and the power connector in right? I know the stuff about turn it off and hit the switch on the back and use the grounding wrist thing though.

Should I get a nether fan and hook it to the cage or will it be cool enough?

That Hard drive looks good. There are very few options when looking for a HDD. The most obvious being the interface. Which you have covered. The other three biggies are, Manufacturer, Speed, Cache.

Speed is average, they make 10k RPM but they are much more expensive and their performance increase if fairly limited.

Manufacturer, Western Digital is a quality brand.

Cache, Something most people look over. That drive has 16MB which is good.

As for installing it, SATA is very friendly, for the majority of setups, its just plug into desired port, power it, and you are good.

You asked about a fan. This is your call. I personally like my PC as quiet as possible since I do my school work on it all day. Sure extra cooling is great but is it needed? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back