TechSpot

Is this a good laptop?

By NyanPedoKim
Jun 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I am looking for a good gaming laptop for games like LoL, Smite, WoW and much more, and I've found one! im not sure, is it good? I mean, will there be any lag, or just let me hear your opinion about this one.

HP Pavilion 15-N210 A10
    Processor: 2.1 GHz AMD A10-5745M Quad Core
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Hard drive: 1TB hard drive
    Display: 15.6 "HD BrightView (1366x768) screen
    Graphics: 2GB AMD Radeon 8610G/8670M dual GPU
    Optical Drive: DVD-RW
    Network: WiFi-n. LAN.
    Weight: 2.3 kg.
    Color: Ano alloy silver / midnight black.
    Others: DTS HD audio.
    2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0.
    HDMI. SD card reader. HD webcam.
    Numpad. Dimensions: 386 x 258 x 22.6 mm.
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,450   +324

Imo:
    • Processor: 2.1 GHz AMD A10-5745M is not the fastest and the AMD is a power (battery) hog.
    • the win/8 is also an unfortunate condition of new preinstalls

3. Landti Victro

Landti Victro TS Rookie

In my opinion it is a very good laptop for gaming because its specifications are very good enough for the upgraded games.

NyanPedoKim likes this.
  4. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Booster Posts: 161   +28

That is a good laptop computer for gaming. Jobeard is correct that it is a battery hog (even most of the AMD A8's are battery hogs). And I would not worry about lag, unless you get it from your internet connection. Pair it with a good internet connection and you will be good to go for the games you listed.

NyanPedoKim likes this.
  5. Tacofrog

Tacofrog TS Member

It has exactly what you need. However, it is HP, eww. Don't expect it to last longer than two years.

NyanPedoKim likes this.
  6. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Booster Posts: 161   +28

I have owned 3 different HP laptops that have all lasted more then two years. I have one that is still going that is over eight years old now. Only thing wrong is it needs a new battery, but it does still boot up and run properly. Nothing wrong with HP, just have to do your research before buying something new.

NyanPedoKim and James Hudson like this.
  7. James Hudson

James Hudson TS Rookie

Nice product and sleek design from HP :)Good RAM speed and preinstalled windows 8.1. Cool !!(y)

NyanPedoKim likes this.
  8. bluejolls

bluejolls TS Rookie Posts: 43

I can say that the display on that laptop is awful. I wouldn't get it due to the processor.

NyanPedoKim likes this.
  9. NyanPedoKim

NyanPedoKim TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you very much guys! :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.