Is this a virus or something else?

thebratt73

A few months ago I was on FB watching a video. Next thing I know My computer screen freezes and gets all messed up. I had to shut down the computer with the tower. Sometimes this same thing happens even if I'm not on the internet. I just got a new tower last year I hope it's not my motherboard again. I have enclosed a pic of my screen

Attachments

• computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 6
"I just got a new tower last year I hope it's not my motherboard again"
So this freezing has been going on for months? Are you using an old motherboard? What version of Windows?

Sometimes it doesn't do it at all then other times as soon as I turn it back on it does it.This was not the problem I was having when my motherboard went that was something completely different. This is a new motherboard I got a completely new tower with windows 7. Like I said I can have my computer on with just the desktop displayed and for no reason the screen gets messed up

I'd also like to add that it had been working pretty good the last coupleof days until the other night. I was listening to music and decided to play farmville2 and all of a sudden it went.

Try running Windows Update manually, and even if it says "no updates found" run it once more. Include all the optional updates too. If an update won't install properly, restart the computer and try again

Hey Tmagic650 I know I haven't posted in awhile but just wanted to give you an update. So my computer has still been acting up off and on. Sometimes it will go for months without acting up. Anyways it started again and today I tried getting on a few different times. As soon as I sign on the screen goes funny, so I decided to go on in safe mode hasn't messed up yet

If the motherboard has on board graphics only, and no additional slot for a graphics card it's not good. My desktop motherboard has on board graphics but I added a graphics card. Those are easy enough to replace or I could revert in the BIOS to the motherboard graphics chip if there was a problem.

In short, I think that you may have a hardware problem. Maybe, if you have a graphics card fitted it just needs removing and slotting in more securely.

Back