Is this pre-built worth the price?

Hello, I'm considering buying a new computer which will be used mostly for Gaming and in the future some computer programming (for college hooplah). I don't want to build a computer if i can avoid it, So i am looking for a pre-built computer something online from newegg or bestbuy etc looking to spend only about 500-600 dollars one that can run games mostly MMO's at medium to high settings and that wont require any large upgrades in the near future. I don't know a real lot about computers, especially the hardware inside so I have looked at different pre-built computers on newegg and bestbuy, but none of the reviews are exactly helpful (people complaining about UPS and other nonsense) So basically this is the specs for the one i want to built "Haven't posted enough to put a link so here are the basics.

Processor
AMD Athlon II X2 240(2.8GHz) 64 bit Dual Core Processor

Memory
4GB DDR3 1333

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT240 1GB

CPU Type
Athlon II X2

CPU Speed
240(2.8GHz)

The computer would cost 570 dollars.

I dunno what information is all together important, can let someone know other info if needed, Appreciate the help!

Looking for some opinions if it is worth the price and will be able to do what i am looking for.

No. I don't think it is. For $600 you could easily be able to build a far better system. Are you willing to go the DIY way?

What Motherboard do you plan on using?
This will not be a bleeding edge gamer but will be a nice gamer. It would play WOW(MMO) very nice.. Also because this is not bleeding edge and the hardware has been out for a while most of the bugs have been worked out.

Will this be your first build?

Rancid~

Umm, I disagree.
It'd still be better to build one.

I agree it would be a better for the $ to build.. However i was not feeling that he was ready to build one. Thats why I ask if "would this be your first build" because he did not sound like he had. For some people box pc's are worth the cost due to the "User friendly" Open plug it in ease.

I was waiting for his reply to be fully informed

Rancid~

Back