Is this RAM compatible with my PC?

techtrainee

I've been having some problems with my computer concerning speed and with a very short search I have found the problem; My computer has only one GB of RAM. That explains it!

In search of new RAM cards for my computer, I have stumbled upon this one on ebay that might work. I just want to get the confirmation from you guys.

Those RAM cards: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-4G...1380317?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item3a7636685d

Hurry! I only have about 5 days until it's sold!

To assist you, Here is my computer now:
It only has 2 RAM slots and only works with DDR types of RAM.
It has a very decent CPU speed at about 2.5 GHz.
I strongly believe that the PIN size needed for the cards is 184 (I looked it up).

Some questions that I need answered:
What is the maximum allowed RAM on this computer?
Is the RAM compatible?
Is this a good amount to pay for it, or is there another, cheaper, way?
Should I buy a new computer, or just stick with this one?

In advance, Thank you for your help!

-Techtrainee

There is not enough information. We need to know which computer you have or at least which motherboard you have in the PC.

Many motherboards only support 1GB per memory slot. There is no way of knowing if your motherboard will support 2GB per slot, without first looking up the information.

I've removed the product key, as its unneccesary to help you with your problem, and publishing it online could lead to others using it themselves.

Thank you Leeky.
Anyways, here's what I got:
The mother Board is a Dell e210882 A00 model with only 2 RAM slots. I took a few pictures of it.
SAM_0035.JPG
The one above is the whole computer (minus the hardrives).

Below, this is the CPU (I think...).
SAM_0040.JPG

When looking online for some information, I came across this site: http://en.community.dell.com/what-do-I-buy/f/3510/p/19186226/19309212.aspx#19309212
I don't think it's the same model as the one I have, but it looks close. From this, I believe that my computer can only have 1 GB of RAM. But that's just me. Could you verify this?

I'd say it's safe to assume you can use 1GB per slot for RAM on your motherboard. Its by no means guaranteed though.

The problem is searching that motherboard model number offers conflicting options, with the same model motherboard's for Dell but with four RAM slots -- which clearly isn't yours.

I'd play it safe and use 2GB of whatever is currently being used in your computer now. the exact RAM type will be on the label on the RAM stick itself, or in the BIOS.

It does look like my Motherboard. I think I'll look a little longer for something to pop up. I kept seeing Dimension whatever, but I didn't know what mine was. With this, I should be able to figure out the supported RAM amount. Thanks!

Well, it looks like it won't work. Just to be sure, I'll spend the $20 it costs to get 2 GB of DDR RAM.
I'd like to say, you guys really respond fast!
Thanks again!

Back