Is this software safe?

Cnet, (allegedly), has begun packing adware along with its free downloads.

AFAIK, Glarysoft has a fine reputation.

I don't want to sound "unpatriotic" toward Techspot, but most often, I'll go to the software publisher's website, and download from there. Often, a TS download is a link to the publisher's site anyway.

Some software, particularly the Linux OS distros are widely distributed through "mirrors". Which, in the case of Linux, are oftentimes college servers.

An upside to downloading from TS however, is many times you bypass the "begging" for donations.

So, forget Cnet, and go here: www.glarysoft.com

If you think about it, there's almost always more information about a product to be gleaned from its publisher's site than a download mirror, another solid reason to download from there.

You do have to be careful though, since many times there's a paid version of the same product, and you need be careful to download the actual freebie, and not a "free trial version".

I like Glarysoft Utilities too, but be aware that if you are running any really old programs it may screw them up. In particular, Glarysoft does bad things to Microsoft Home Publishing 99 which I now run in a virtual XP environment.

Back