Is this the seventh-generation iPod nano?

By Emil
May 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The seventh-generation iPod nano will likely add a camera to its rear side and ditch the built-in clip. The device will, however, retain its same small form factor and multitouch…

Read the whole story
  2. mosu

mosu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 295

who cares!
  3. I care! The nano 6G had the best battery life and form factor for sports that I've come across, but without the clip to attach onto my cycling shorts it'd be essentially useless to me. It's an interesting design decision that makes one wonder what market Apple is aiming for with this generation.
  4. How dumb...yeah lets remove the functional and realistic clip and add a camera with no display or viewfinder. This has got to be a joke right?
  5. nvr mind.....I see it has a screen.....but seriously do u need a camera on there??
  6. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

No. Will people shell out money for it? Probably... *facepalm*
  7. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TechSpot Maniac Posts: 387

8. tehbanz

tehbanz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

They could even just have the camera and then the clip quick snap on/off for when you want to take a picture! All of us say "Why a camera with only 1.3 MP" but kids eat that **** up. Remember the game boy camera?
  9. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,044   +37

Everybody is bashing this idea... there is a small market for people who want small hidden cameras... ideally perverts... is this just pictures, or video too? lol

I can see it now, ppl strapping this to their shoe just to get some upskirt video shots. Sounds silly, but a teacher use to do this when I was in middle school, of course he got caught.

EDIT: Oh wait.. but you still run into the problem with not being able to clip it to your shoe... lmao
  10. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

If you already have a more powerful camera on your phone, why would you need a less powerful camera on your iPod?

How many situations really arise when you leave your home without your phone, but with your iPod, and you come upon a need to take pictures?
  11. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

I love how they went from video capability on the 3-5gen nano then they decided to **** it up and put a touch screen on an ipod shuffle sized device,

Isn't it great when the third gen is superior to the 6th gen? Who even buys ipod nanos anymore?

12. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

It's going to have a clip. That's just silly to say you can't fit a clip on there because one corner has a camera.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.