1. hey I have a

Dell optiplex gx260
    Nvidia Geforce 7600GT
    300 Watt PSU[
    Intel P4 1.80Ghz/B]

I ran speedfan and it said

GPU 160C
    Core Temp 65C

Is this to hot or is it normal this is as soon as I turn it on I am not doing anything.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +69

Well put it this way: 100C = 212F at which water boils. Thus 160c == 320F!

65C = 149F

How are you getting your temperature reads? If these are real temperatures how are you not shutting down? How are you not melting down! :dead:

3. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,069

I dont know

I am using speed fan. Ok first this is what happened I had another dell about the same and it ended up having a line of blow capacitors/bulging. So I took out the

Ram
    PSU
    Video Card

and put it into another computer I had. What can be the problem can it be the videocard that is bad? I have bought AS to apply to

the CPU but it is about the same. I did notice the PSU get hot very quick. Is there another software to run that would give me better

realtime temps

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

65c is not too hot, from the standpoint of the cpu... but it is very difficult to keep running a unit at that temperature unless you have a very good cooling system. Many processors can run at 65C for a long time. But everything in that case is suffering unless you are moving a lot of air out and in.

5. xxdanielxx

hey I attached an image of speedfan is there anything I can do

6. xxdanielxx

anyone I would really like to get this going and I cant figure it out I have tried to take out the video card and when I do speed fan only show HDD which is like at 10C

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.