TechSpot

Is Toshiba abandoning its Windows 7 tablet and Chromebook plans?

By Emil
May 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Toshiba has reportedly abandoned its Windows 7-based tablet as well as its Chromebook plans. The two devices have disappeared from Toshiba's latest product roadmap, according to sources from the PC…

Read the whole story

2. It is probably a good move. Until Microsoft comes up with a better alternative to Android or the iPhone why bother producing stuff for the smallest market share.

Next you will want people to produce games for Linux. Like that will ever happen, not enough market share.

3. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 402   +35

Aww damn it... I've been hoping for some more tablets with Windows 7 on them. I can understand the hesitation though, as they are not selling well and even though Windows 7 is a little bit more touch friendly, it is still a somewhat clumsy interface for touch only operation. I have a HP Slate 500 that i'm testing at work and while it is great and I can get lots of work done on it in mobile areas, for small stuff it just becomes an annoyance more than a help. Not only this but the poor display quality and weight of the HP Slate makes it difficult to use outdoors.

I hope Toshiba doesn't bail on this, but they probably will and I wouldn't be surprised. Tablets still are too expensive in my opinion, considering you can get a pretty nice laptop for the same price that is a lot more powerful.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.