Is Using The "Send To" Option Ok For Backing Up Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew2777

I used the "SEND TO" feature to back up my data to another hardrive.....is there a downside to that?

I simply selected all the files i wanted to be backed up and right clicked them and the send to feature is available as well as copy, paste,etc...and i choose the "Send to" feature to copy all the files to the other hardrive

When using a usb drive this feature just makes a copy of the file. If this way suits you, I suppose there is no downside to it.

Ph30nIX said:
When using a usb drive this feature just makes a copy of the file. If this way suits you, I suppose there is no downside to it.
i hope not...

why do ppl use the back up feature?

This point is really kind of mute. Whether you use the Send To feature or copy and paste explicitedly, it's the same in the end. Using Send To is just more convenient. Keep in mind that if the destination is a different drive (hard drive, partition, device) it is a copy whereas if the destination is another folder on the same drive then it's a shortcut.

BTW, I discovered to my surprise and a bit of confusion that XP Home does come with a copy of NTbackup.exe. It's just that you have to manually install it from the installation CD. It's under the Value Added folder. I noticed that XP Pro and XP Media Center came with NTbackup installed but XP Home didn't. Then when I was purusing the XP Home installation CD, I discovered it in the Value Added folder. Not sure why Microsoft left it out of XP Home default installation but I don't make those decisions. So I install it for all my customers who have XP Home but I doubt they use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back