TechSpot

Isass.exe applications error

By leslegr
Sep 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. My Dell laptop running XP Pro slowed down considerably even though my Norton antivirus program said all viruses, malware etc were removed. After following instructions from another tech support web site I loaded and ran SuperAntiSpywasre (SAS)mand Malwarebytes anti-Malware programs. Apparently the Malwarebyte scan removed the above file and now the computer will not boot up. I do not have restoremdisks as I bought the laptop from my former employer. Is the computer toast or can someone help me get XP back and running? When I
    try to boot up the computer I get the following message "ISASS.EXE Appliocation Error' The application Failed to Initialize Properly (OXC0000005). Click OK to terminate the Application'" When I do that the screen goes dark with only the curser showing. Hope someone can help. Thanks

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Reload XP fresh and ditch Norton altogether

3. leslegr

leslegr TS Rookie Topic Starter

How do i reload XP? As I said, I don't have restore disks and I can't boot up normally or in safe mode..

4. Tmagic650

Take it to someone that knows computer repair and have them fix it for you

5. leslegr

leslegr TS Rookie Topic Starter

Gee, that's great advice.Glad I signed on to this tech sight to be told to take it to a repair shop.

6. Tmagic650

There's nothing else we can tell you. Sometimes it is better to take a computer to a person that can have the hands-on repair experience. You may not have the tools or skills to repair it yourself anyway. Good luck :)