Isis announces banking partners, mobile payments trial set for mid-2012

By Jos
Feb 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Isis, a mobile-payments joint venture born from an alliance between Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and T-Mobile USA, announced today that it will begin trials in mid-2012 with three card services partners:…

Read the whole story
  2. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't understand this.

The only advantage I can see to move to paying with a cell phone would be the ability to stop carrying a wallet.

But if I drop my wallet, I don't have to worry about every Credit Card, personal ID, and Insurance information shattering while I'm traveling.

Can anyone explain to me why they're wasting their time & money on this technology.
  3. Isis' announcement about its partnership with the card issuers reveals why Google is leading the digital wallet field. Well, that and the fact that Isis hasn't even launched its service yet and will not do so until July, if current schedule holds, while Google Wallet has been up and running since September of last year. Instead, Isis should be busy building relationships with its users, using the card issuers as nothing more than vendors. That is exactly what PayPal has been doing for so long now and is one of the reasons for its great success.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.