Issues when playing DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antjscott

Hey guys,

I've just bought myself a new graphics card, installed it all properly as i should've etc. It is a Geforce 6600, PCI-E 512mb ddr2. Now when I play games with it, it is absolutely awesome, and i can run absolutely every game on high detail, high res, without any lag at all, unlike my old Raedon 128mb X300, PCI-E. No complaints there at all. The problem that I have with this card, unlike all my other cards that i've previously had, is that when i play a dvd, no matter what program, i've tried about 10 already, about 5 mins into the actual movie, the video all of a sudden freezes up and wont do anything. Is this just a simple issue of me having to update the latest driver? or is there something dodgy happening here?

Did you uninstall the radeon drivers before installing the 6600? the best way to uninstall the radeon drivers is with ATI's own cat. uninstaller.

yeah i think that's where i may have stuffed up. cos i went and installed the driver straight away, then uninstalled the raedon driver... yeah i used intervideo dvd decoder, and the same thing happened there... i'll try using the latest driver's and see how i go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back