Issues with keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowx775

My keyboard isn't working when I get to windows login screen. I have a password so I can't log on because I cant type it, so I cant log on to update drivers and ect. The keyboard works just fine as its booting, but when it gets to the login screen it doesnt work. I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, yet the mouse works when the keyboard doesnt.

I have tried putting the reciever in every usb there is on my computer and restarting and so on. But it doesnt help.

What can I do to fix this? Because I cant access my PC atm.

Thanks

Get a USB Keyboard (hard wired) to the computer

You can also start in Safe Mode (repeatively press F8 key on Windows startup)
Then log into the Administrator account (hopefully no password on that)
Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel
Select your normal User login account name
And remove the current password
Restart normally, and login (without a password now)

You can then test your keyboard with this program
Windows Keyboard Test : http://www.passmark.com/products/keytest.htm
(Note: you do not need to register the program)

I have bought a PS-2 Keyboard, so Ive tried using a PS-2, wireless USB keyboard, and a wired USB keyboard none work. I dont think it has to do with the keyboard. Maybe a corrupt file or something. So is there another way to fix it with a CD or a program? Because Ive tried alot

Thanks Kimsland. I acually kind of fixed my problem. It seems there was a corrupt file that wouldnt let my keyboard work when windows started.

So I loaded my starter CD's and let it use repair. After it was done an hour later, it let me log in and everything was fine...till I found out it made another problem. It seems when I loaded the CD's it overwrited my old Windows, and made a whole new one or something, yet my old stuff is still there. But it wont let me use some Microsoft specific programs. And then it started saying I had to register my Windows. I'm currently not at my house so haven't had time to use my Authentication Key from that Windows. But if I already used that Key the first time, and its asking again, Im thinking it wont work and will want me to buy a whole new Windows. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back