TechSpot

Issues with my graphics card

By goballack
Nov 2, 2009
  1. this started like 5 days ago. my monitor screen kept on going black (the monitor light was still yellow). the screen freezes and then the monitr goes black for like 3 sconds and comes back. stays on for some 4-5 seconds (with sluggish speed) then the same thing repeats. i figured it was my graphics card. so i updated my driver but still the same thing happened. but when i disabled the graphics drivers , the screen didnt go black at all. if i enable the driver , the screen goes black again and the computer gets sluggish.in other words enabling the graphics cards driver is like watching a picture slide show in an ultra slow mo speed. i also got some random colored boxes during the startup ( xp loading screen and stuff before that) . this happens everytime even if the graphics driver is disabled. there are also this coloured dots mouse trails if i disable the driver.
    any idea on how to fix this? plz help me T.T. i cant play any games
    graphics card: nvidia 6300
    RAM:1 GB

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

Replace the Nvidia 6300 as soon as you can...

3. goballack

goballack TS Rookie Topic Starter

you mean my graphics card is history? D:

4. Tmagic650

Yes, that's exactly what I mean ;)

5. goballack

thanks for the suggestion. lol . i replaced it :) and my computer works fine now =D

6. Tmagic650

Good work goballack,
    glad we could narrow down the problem for you :)

7. goballack

thanks again

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.