Issues with my graphics card

By goballack
Nov 2, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this started like 5 days ago. my monitor screen kept on going black (the monitor light was still yellow). the screen freezes and then the monitr goes black for like 3 sconds and comes back. stays on for some 4-5 seconds (with sluggish speed) then the same thing repeats. i figured it was my graphics card. so i updated my driver but still the same thing happened. but when i disabled the graphics drivers , the screen didnt go black at all. if i enable the driver , the screen goes black again and the computer gets sluggish.in other words enabling the graphics cards driver is like watching a picture slide show in an ultra slow mo speed. i also got some random colored boxes during the startup ( xp loading screen and stuff before that) . this happens everytime even if the graphics driver is disabled. there are also this coloured dots mouse trails if i disable the driver.
    any idea on how to fix this? plz help me T.T. i cant play any games
    graphics card: nvidia 6300
    RAM:1 GB
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Replace the Nvidia 6300 as soon as you can...
  3. goballack

goballack Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

you mean my graphics card is history? D:
  4. Tmagic650

Yes, that's exactly what I mean ;)
  5. goballack

thanks for the suggestion. lol . i replaced it :) and my computer works fine now =D
  6. Tmagic650

Good work goballack,
    glad we could narrow down the problem for you :)
  7. goballack

thanks again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.