TechSpot

Issues with WIFI on new PC

By Tyraid1234
Jul 29, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. I recently bought a Laptop with an unknown OS (I forget the name, but it wasn't windows) and had to format it, and afterwards got Windows 7 working on it. For some reason, I'm not getting any wifi, help please

2. Tyraid1234

Tyraid1234 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm able to connect to the internet with a cord, just not getting wifi :(

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,590   +335

4. Tyraid1234

Ehhhh, thanks, but nothing I found really helped, I'm able to connect to the internet, but I'm not able to connect without a network cable, which is a hassle because I am really loud and my family doesn't like me playing, especially when I like to play most, what I need is help setting up WIFI

5. learninmypc

Playing LOUD? Get headphones so they can't hear it. Otherwise, try getting a USB wifi

6. Tyraid1234

When I say playing loud, I mean I have a microphone, and I basically yell into it, because I play using a program called Steam, and yeah, also I'm only 14 so I don't have money, I just need help with getting WIFI working on my PC without spending money, any way to do that?

7. learninmypc

Whats the manufacturers name of the laptop?

8. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,026   +51

learninmypc likes this.
  9. Tyraid1234

I have figured it out, my computer was missing the Dell DW WLAN driver, but thanks for the help

learninmypc likes this.