Issues with Windows since cleaning out a virus

By brycrizz07
Feb 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. After I successfully removed a virus from my computer I have noticed the following issues with my computer and was wondering if anyone could help solve them:

One thing I noticed is that when I hit the volume up and down keys on my keyboard a pop up no longer shows up on my screen. The same thing occurs when I change the brightness of my screen, the battery indicator, toggle between wireless and wired, etc

Is there a way to turn these back on?

Thanks for the help
  2. computerikon

computerikon Newcomer, in training

I have used a tool called Windows Repair (all in one). This is known to fix a majority of Windows issues after a virus or malware removal. I am unable to post the link since this is my first post. So I am going to get creative on this one. Go to tweaking dot com website and you will see a link for Windows Repair (All In One) link.
    Hopefully this helps.

Computerikon
  3. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Another option.

Or, you could get Advanced System Care (latest) and use the System Control or Win Fix tools in the Toolbox. Both are available in the free version.

Here's the link:
    http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5927

That should do it. Hope it helps you. :grinthumb

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.