TechSpot

iSuppli: Intel grows lead in CPU revenue market share

By Jos
Sep 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Market research firm iSuppli released its latest report on the state of the microprocessor market today, which show Intel has grown its already considerable lead by 1.1 percentage points over…

Read the whole story

2. SammyJames

SammyJames TS Enthusiast Posts: 168

I've got to confess that, although I was looking longingly at some AMD products, I think that I'll stick with Intel. They seem like a more solid company, and their technology is indisputably great.

I don't rely on Intel graphics anymore -- I use an nVidia card. Although I'm not a gamer per se, I still benefit from this approach, because my system gets to fully-use all of its resources, thus taking much of the load off of my CPU. I've effectively got a 9GB-memory-module computer now, which is great. (I bought a fanless 8400GS that rocks -- has 1GB DDR3 -- I couldn't be happier with the 2D video that I run.)

Intel will get my business until further notice.

3. grvalderrama

grvalderrama TS Enthusiast Posts: 197

Guest they earned it... =S

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,056   +970

And I don't doubt for a minute that they'll be eternally grateful for it....!

A quick question though, "exactly what business is that"? (In dollars and cents, of course).

Not trying to hold you back there Sammy, you go guy, keep on stating the obvious with as much courage of conviction as you can muster.

I'll be waiting with bated breath for your next proclamation! You know, the one regarding if and when you decide to bail on Intel. I don't want to get caught out of the loop, as it were....:rolleyes:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.