TechSpot

Italy fines Apple $1.2 million for misleading warranty policy

By Matthew
Dec 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Italy's Antitrust Authority has fined Apple €900,000 (some $1.2 million) today for misleading consumers. The country launched an investigation following complaints of "unfair commercial practices" related to product warranties.

Read the whole story

2. These lawsuits that Apple seems to be in (and losing) will in no way affect them financially since their loyal fan base will always be there to buy the next overpriced product, thus supporting Apple's litigious cravings.

3. suppose that's one way for Italy to alleviate their debt crisis.....que Greece next!!

4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 273   +77

Apple is getting it's comeuppance.. and looks good on them. I doubt that it anything wil ever do this but I hope it serves to slap them down a few notches in the 'epic ego' dept. Arrogance is not a pretty business model.

5. thunderising

thunderising TS Rookie

I wish it were 1.2 BILLION instead

6. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

"Que" is a quizzical "what?" in Spanish while "queue" is most likely the word you are after…

7. Steve Jobs once said he was never the law-abiding type, anyway. He wouldn't even buy license plates for his car!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.