ITunes and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

muse475

I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and it said that iTunes is not compatible with Windows 7 and that I should uninstall it. If I save my iTunes files to an external hard drive and reinstall iTunes on windows 7 and just copy/replace the files with my old, will that work? Would I need to authorize the computer again to play my files?

Need more details to say for sure. But a common issue is a difference between 32bit and 64bit, iTunes 32bit doesn't want to run in 64bit 7 (or Vista probably) I would guess that this is due to how it handles iPods/iPhones at a driverlike level. But iTunes certainly is compatible with Windows 7 if you have the right version for your OS.

When I first put 7 64bit on and then went to put iTunes on it downloaded as the 32bit version and wouldn't install. Turns out you have to use IE to dl it (Safari would probably work) if you want their website to autodetect and provide you with what version you need. If you use Firefox or Opera you'll end up getting the 32bit version.

I do have a Win7 32 bit system, and still I cannot run iTunes 9. I have tried installing it in every manner (using compatibility, administrator rights) but it will not run.
The first time, iTunes would not even complete the install. After I changed compatibility settings, it did finish the install, but when I tried to run, I got an error 7.

I have not had any trouble installing / running iTunes on Windows XP Pro (same machine, dual-boot).

So, I don't know what's up with Apple and Microsoft.

FW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back