iTunes cant find music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Seuss

Can anyone help me (im hoping you guys have a little more luck than the guys at Apple)

i store my MP3's on an external hard drive because simply it wont all fit on my laptop. i recently transferred everything onto Itunes so i could listen to it all on my Ipod (no problem so far. however, that was 3 days ago. now when i plug my external hard drive in Itunes can find any of the music...whats happened?? the external hasnt changed its drive letter so surely it should find it all in the same place.....shouldnt it??

Please help...dont tell me i have to add it all again

Seems odd, are they still listed just can't be found when trying to play or sync? If you double click do you get an error where iTunes asks if you want to locate it? What does the path say if you right click on it and get info on it (or something similar, I'm not on my PC right now to check).

What is the problem with adding them? Even with a multi thousand song library it shouldn't take long to re-add.

yeah i get the message to locate them when i double click on them. if i have to re-add them its 12K songs, which is fine but will i just have to re-add them again in another couple of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back