Itunes Duplicate song help

By drappendix
Nov 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have 16000 songs. probably 2,500 are doubles that i do not want. now i dont want to spend the rest of my life going through 5000 songs and deleting the duplicates. does anyone know of a program that find duplicate song from an itunes library and deletes the songs based on a designated criteria?
  2. Surkitz

Surkitz Newcomer, in training Posts: 171

although i dont have nearly the volume of songs you do, i have that problem too. I wonder if any of the updates sooner or later will address that issue. looks like you will just have to find duplicates and delete as you go as far as i know
  3. siforee

siforee Newcomer, in training

Hi there,
    There's actually a function in iTunes to show all you double songs... this will only work on the other hand, if the songs have identical names. Now, I have the dutch version but the function should be at the top menu (file | edit | ...) at the "view" button or something. It's called "show doubles".

Hope this helps

ciao
  4. Surkitz

Surkitz Newcomer, in training Posts: 171

yes thats what i was trying to remember. I did it once and got rid of a few songs, but my position on this is that ITunes needs something that will automatically detect a song and not duplicate it to itunes. Some kind of window should come up and say something along the lines of "itunes has already detected "X" on your playlist-replace? delete?

but i dont work for apple so i can only provide feedback i suppose
  5. drappendix

drappendix Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

Yea i know about the duplicate song things it is just that i have so many. i need a program that can do it for me. or some script. nye the way im running windows. so no applescript. damn the luck
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.