ITunes question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

My daughter used iTunes on my Windows XP laptop that recently crashed. I think I was able to save the music files off the disk. I have a new Windows Vista laptop and have downloaded the latest iTunes on it. Can I simply use explorer and move the salvaged files to the new iTunes folders? If so, exactly what file names am I looking for (I am looking for the folder or folders that had all of my daughters' downloaded songs)?

Thank you.

Yes you can do that. The files will probably be in a folder called iTunes Music, unless she changed it from the default.

Thanks SNGX1275. That was the file and it seemingly worked, except that when she plugged in her iPod she got a message that said it could not be synched. Do you know what that means and what I can do about it? I ran the diagnostics and it merely said everything else was okay but something was wrong with the synch.

I'm not sure why it would say that. Are there any songs that were purchased through iTunes in the library? If so that may be the cause, it may not want to sync until you have 'activated' that computer. I don't have iTunes on this computer so I can't check, but Activate Computer or something similar should be an option in one of the top menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back