ITunes Replacement Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjonz

I just found a new FREE piece of software to manage my IPOD. It is not overblotted like iTunes. It has drag and drop. It manages files from the IPOD itself, therefore you do not have to maintain libraries. The program is self intuitive and very easy to use. I like the fact that you can easily add one song without putting it into a library and saving a huge library somewhere. Also, downloading and syncing (actually updating) is very very fast.

It is called CopyTrans Manager. (http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php)
I am not sure why the complicated name. For some reason it is not as well known as Yamipod, sharepod, ephod, or floola, but I prefer its interface and ease of use.

I was using Anapod explorer, but it does not support my wife's Nano 3G.
It supposedly works on all IPODs up to and include the iPhone.

CopyTrans has other programs, which they charge for, but this one is Free.

For anyone looking for a better IPOD manager without all the iTunes baggage, I would recommend taking a look at this program.

(If it sounds like I work for the company, I don't. It is just a good piece of free software I thought I would share.)

jj

Thanks, looks nice, I really am fed up of the complicated and usually slow GUI Windows users have to face. And thanks for mentioning the other tools also! :)

Thanks GOM. I to was a little disgusted with the bloated software and complicated proceedures (and iTunes robust commercial intrusion) just to download and manage my ipod. CopyTrans Manager has sure simplified the proceedures.

jj

I have Rockbox on my old 4th Gen iPod, it replaces the iPod interface and also allows drag and drop from within Windows or Mac to the iPod. The only downside of it that I've seen so far is the interface on the iPod is laggy at times, I imagine that isn't an issue on newer iPods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back