Ivy Bridge delay rumors exaggerated, i5-3570K sample benched early

By Matthew
Feb 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Update (2/27): Even more contradicting information on the Intel Ivy Bridge saga has come to light this past weekend. Sean Maloney, executive VP of Intel, told the Financial Times that…

Read the whole story
  2. Mikymjr

Mikymjr TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 122   +7

Seems like a very nice improvement.
  3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

Digitimes strikes again
  4. doradhorror

doradhorror Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

Ticks are never that much of an improvement.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,489   +302

Al least intel are (finally) improving their graphical capability's. Makes work laptops TF2 worthy ;)
  6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,038   +72

+1 burty, I've tried playing TF2 on my notebook's SB IGP and it is 'decent' if nothing else :)
  7. that is very nice and all but with PC gaming in the pooh bin it's all kind of yaaaawwwwnnnnn.

darn shame really.
  8. venomblade

venomblade Newcomer, in training Posts: 69

lol? Are Guests always this far from the truth?
  9. pretty much LOL
  10. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +45

And here I was hoping that even for a Tick, that the HD4000 would have a little more oomph than what these initial benchmarks show, oh silly me. However, any improvement is a welcome one, since I'm holding off on buying a new laptop until everyone comes out with their 2nd-3rd quarter ivy bridge equipped ultrabooks. I also know that how these processors bench, especially mobile versions may and often will be different when these chips are finally released into the wild. Here's to continued anticipation~
  11. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 589   +45

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm also waiting to see if AMD's Trinity can do anything special. If neither can, I may end up just going the discrete GPU route.

12. Zeromus

Zeromus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Anybody knows if theres a IDF conference video for this?
  13. Ticks bring huge improvements in power consumption reduction, generate less heat, are smaller and they revise an existing architecture, so there's a lot of improvement. In my oppinion, ticks are the one worth buying.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.