Iwpdgina.dll not loading, cannot log in

twang7888

Recently, I uninstalled Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software, and I did the usual restarting process. Upon restart, however, Windows launched, and instead of the normal login screen, I encountered a message saying that iwpdgina.dll could not load; please contact system admin or replace the missing dll.

I'm not sure how to restore the dll. I can boot into safe mode, except the username and password that I usually enter don't seem to work... (Usually I log onto the work server, so this might be the issue here).

If it helps, I do have Windows Recovery Console as one of the boot options, but I'm unsure of how to use it/whether it would help.

Thanks so much!!

I do have a windows CD, and I have tried booting from it. However, after setup loads the files for a few minutes, I get BSOD 0x7B... so that hasn't worked. (I've also tried Bart's PE, which also didn't work, and I ran Memtest for 16 passes with 0 errors)

As for your link, I actually have a Windows XP, not a Vista. Does that make any difference?

Oops my bad, sorry I was helping someone else with regard to similar issues on Vista, so I ended up making this mistake of getting you the wrong link. The correct link was this one.

Do you have any important data on the system partition?

Okay, I understand all of that regarding the recovery console. I'm still unsure how to use it to fix my situation. How do I use it to replace a missing dll? This may be a really really stupid question, but is it possible to burn a dll onto a CD and use the "copy" command?

Another solution would be to reset the administrator password to the computer (because this is preventing me from logging in on safe mode, as I described above).

No, I don't have any crucial data. I've considered reformatting, but I always get the 0x7B BSOD.

It may be worth a try I guess, provided that you know what was the exact version number of your Intel Wireless adapter driver and then place the missing dll in the required folder (which probably is inside C:\WINDOWS\WlanGINA). You can use a USB stick as well to do so, but the problem is for this to succeed:

1. You need to somehow be able to log into at Safe Mode with Command Prompt, or
2. Attach this HDD to another computer and copy the required file.

If the above doesn't work, I suggest you to delete your system partition using the XP CD Setup, then recreate the partition and format it before trying to re-install the OS.

Okay, I will reinstall--but again, the issue remains that I can't actually reach that point without a BSOD 0x7B. I go from here, and wait a few minutes as the files load. Right after the files load, I get the BSOD before this screen even appears. How do I fix this?

What are your system's specs? Hardware related issues can cause BSOD during OS installation.

Ummm, sorry this might be a stupid question, but how do I check my system specs when I can't boot? (what specs do you need?)

Yeah, I've seen it too. Unforuntately, I always used to log onto my laptop through a different domain (used to be used at my work place), so my username and password don't register when I try to boot in safe mode... there isn't any way to change the admin username and password is there?

Hmmmm.......

On the one hand, if you can’t boot from CD without BSOD you may have a different/larger problem on your hands....

On the other hand, just to try resetting Administrator login, can your machine boot from USB? HERE's a USB bootable tool you can create and try. There’s also more detailed (and some confusing instruction on the site, but here’s the nutshell

1) When it prompts to boot: just hit Enter
2) When it prompts for partition, you probably want to select the first bootable partition in its list. (It will display bootable partitions with word BOOT)
3) When it prompts for registryt directory {WINDOWS/system32/config) hit Enter
4) If everthing good so far, you see directory list including SAM and SECURITY

Enter select 1 for password reset, ENTER to default to Administrator user name and account, 1 to clear admin’s password

/* edit */
scroll toward end of that web page to find file usb110511.zip to download for the USB version of the tool

YES! Thank you very much, that worked like a charm. I was able to clear the admin password, allowing me to log in through safe mode. From there, I just edited the registry and then it was fixed. Thank you so much!

Back