TechSpot

Japan Display showcases 7-inch paper-like reflective LCD panel

By Shawn Knight
Nov 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Most of us have had to deal with trying to use a smartphone or tablet under direct sunlight at some point. Even with the display at max brightness, it can often be difficult to see what's on the screen and...

Read more
  2. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +31

Nice. I've been waiting for ages for Pixel Qi to get some traction, but I'd take this competition as an alternative. Since it's LCD it will presumably have a decent refresh rate, which is what's missing from e-ink, so it could end up as a good choice for a more general usage e-book reading device. Hopefully they'll be able to jack up the res, but I think that even at the current state it could find a place in tablets sold primarily for reading.
  3. jamesi7o

jamesi7o TS Rookie

I agree with you, it definitely has a place in the e-reader market, especially when it comes to e-zines or schoolbooks, and with better gammut and resolution it may very well compete in the smartphone display market, I just hope the japanese will be able to convince the main players of its' interest!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.