Java and Windows 10

Can someone please help me with this? I downloaded the most current version of Java and I can acces the Java menu. But when I try to open Limewire it says I do not have the Java enviroment 6 or higher? When I go to Java sight and use the check feature Java says it doesn't find it. I'm just trying to use some software to get my Mp3 library back. I lost all my old files. If there is a better site to use I'd appreciate that help as well.

Your MP3 library is not dependent upon Java which is a non-standard install process. Even if Java were installed correctly, then you still need the MP3 files. Recommend you solve the MP3 issue and fuss with Java later

Thanks for the reply, I understand that but the Limewire program I downloaded from the site does require Java. Or is there a better site than limewire to download my Mp3's?

Well:
LimeWire was a free peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P) client program that ran onWindows, Mac OS X, Linux, and other operating systems supported by the Java software platform.[2] LimeWire used the gnutella network as well as the BitTorrent protocol.[3] A freeware version and a purchasable "enhanced" version were available. BitTorrent support is provided by libtorrent.
You elected a P2P which has the Java dependency - - hmm, bad choice IMO. You now MUST resolve the Java install or else!

Start->All Programs->Scroll to find Java/ then click Configure Java, click the Java Tab, click View.
There are two settings: one for the User, the other for the System

You said was a P2P? Is is still a good site? I'm sorry if my knowledge seems basic, it's been almost 3 years since I lost everything. I haven't been on in a long time. Is there a better way to get mp3's? It seems like all the sites now are all streaming only! I even paid for Napster thinking I could download from them but even they only allow you to add the songs to a playlist on their site. Thanks for your help and patience. I'm good with computers, well at least I was lol, alot changes in 3 years! Still knocking the dust off my brain :)

3 yr lag??? let's see what we can do:
get a command prompt and enter Java -version
you should see something like
$ Java -version
java version "1.7.0_75"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_75-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)​

Sorry computer is running sooo slow lately. It finally came back and said error: could not find or load main class version

Back