Java Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmabunny

Hi guys. first of all, not sure if i have the right section of the forum to put this in. but sure i will find out...
i regularly use java chat rooms, and recently i have been getting messages from a certain few people who have been abusing me. what i need to know is, is if its the same person, which im 90% sure of. i am not looking to find out who they are or where they are, i just want to find out if its the same person. is there a way to check this, ie - via an ip address or something?cant seem to find any way to do it. maybe i cant! its just bugging me because its been going on for months!!!!!! any help appreciated. thankyou

Thats a pretty generic question. What type of chat rooms are they? Are they IRC rooms or stuff like yahoo?

If its IRC you really should see about getting a stand alone client, you are given far more options, and with popular ones such as mirc and xchat (and I'm sure countless others) you can get basic information on people to see if its consistent. For example I can right click on my work computer which idles in Techspot's irc channel and go to Info and get this: sngx{at}Star689132.ddns.umr.edu so if I thought 2 names at seperate times were the same person the last part after the {at} (which was @ I just replaced it so it wouldn't act like an email) would be similar or the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back