Java Control Panel advanced settings

By bavon
May 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Does anyone have a clear understanding of the Java control panel Advanced Settings? This is for Java (build 1.6.0_25-b06)

If so could some kind soul who does please post a Setting by Setting guide in the Users Guides and Tutorials forum..
    Would be much appreciated. For XP, Vista and 7 although I imagine they are the same.....

Hope this is not off-topic, I just needed maximum visibility.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,026   +221

hmm; this is not the way to manage a package or Java. Leave your system alone
    unless you NEED a fix to a symptom or suspect that some setting xyz might be creating an issue for you.

If you want to fuss & or learn, then use Google to find the description(s).
  3. bavon

bavon Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Which is why I needed the info. Some of the info on the Java site is either outdated, obtuse or confusing. Never too keen on a half hour trawl through a site in order to learn something that a sensible development house would have featured more prominently and made subject to regular updates.
    What is the solution? Obscure, arcane solutions and information in order to discourage home users messing up their systems; or accessible information that encourages home users to avoid tinkering blindly with options by telling them what each option does. Encourage and discourage are interchangeable in the previous sentence. Hard....
  4. jobeard

so please elaborate on the problem / symptom you need to address
    it would take the volunteers at this site more than that to explain every option and how they are used. So please state your problem and maybe we can address it.
  5. bavon

bavon Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Tech Spot not included

My comment about arcane sites was in no way intended to include TechSpot. Perhaps my english can be a trifle fuzzy, but I was referring to Sun et al. Also I mean a short and clear reference to the adavanced settings. Or if someone knows where one might be found..

Re: My Problem
    Currently no problem, it was an afterthought.
  6. jobeard

Sum Micro has been around for a l o n g time and produces midrange server class machines.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.