Java isn't working properly

augie729

When playing certain games Not all usually a box would ask you would you like to play again well its grayed out many times where i have to exit the game completely I do have the latest java I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling all temp files including java are deleted still same problem If anyone has any ideal that would be Great :)

re

Could be pinnocle could be battleship games usually a box pops up after the game and says would you like to play again but that box is greyed out so i have no choice but to exit and come back in to play again this happens after the game

I'm assuming you're playing an online game? and this is a browser window that pops-up? Which browser are you using? And have you tried seeing if the same problem occurs when using different browsers?

Are you also running with all the latest Windows Updates and service pack levels for you system?

I don't know if this will help but it couldn't hurt to look. Sometimes there are older versions of Java still installed. Can you check Add and Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista, 7) and remove any old versions that might be there?

er

Oh yes i checked that first I even went into registry reg edit and checked in there NO old versions of any Java are in there its a tough one trying to figure out I was wondering what does run time do????? if there is a way to change that

If the website needs Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to run, I'm sure you can't change or get around that.

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Is this game website Pogo? If you haven't already, you could try asking your question at their forums. Someone there might have experienced this problem before.

Kind of a fun looking site. I'm running out of ideas. Perhaps Java needs to work with other software. How about updating the graphics driver? For best results, first uninstall the old driver from Add and Remove Programs or Programs and Features.

Yes its pogo On certain games all cookies are cleared

Ah-Ha! Pogo!

1) As mailpup already suggested, you might try posting in their forums as well and
2) I'm not a "gamer" myself but some friend's are. One time past when they had problems with Pogo games, i found it was a Pogo issue.. So... also from having skimmed through Pogo forums in the past, is not unusual for Pogo to have their own issues/tech problems

just in case you can't resolve it, could be a Pogo problem (and nothing you're doing wrong)

Yeah i tried there with there so called tech support which is a waist of time they give you directions which i have done well before i asked the question there not advanced as for the video card ATI radeon express 200 that's updated as well as in everything else and its not lack of memory I have a lot lol there not much as well on my hard drive ..

Yeah i tried there with there so called tech support which is a waist of time they give you directions which i have done well before <snip>
I hear ya! It's frustrating when one contacts tech support help... and you get the feeling that all they know is how to read from a script.

At least Pogo didn't tell you to reinstall Windows!! (or do they? LOL.. i've never called them)

Back