Java Problem

Blowoff

So I'm on my laptop and I'm trying to play a game that needs Java. I downloaded Java but when I click 'verify if you have java' on the java site it tells me that I don't have it. I've tried uninstalling and then installing Java multiple times. My browser(firefox) is up to date. I really want to fix this problem so any help would be appreciated.

I have gotten this issue a few times. The latest update should have solved it. Try Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Java per se is a runtime library (the call it a JRE). Download the latest and install that. Then the plugins are easier to manage.

Frankly, most of us are disabling the Java Plugin due to drive-by attacks.

Try deleting your browsers cache.

Chrome:
  1. [FONT=inherit]Click the Chrome menu [FONT=inherit]
    SNP_2696434_en_v1
    [/FONT] on the browser toolbar.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=inherit]Select [FONT=inherit]Tools[/FONT].[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=inherit]Select [FONT=inherit]Clear browsing data[/FONT].[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=inherit]In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=inherit]Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select [FONT=inherit]beginning of time[/FONT] to delete everything.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=inherit]Click [FONT=inherit]Clear browsing data[/FONT].[/FONT]

Try deleting your browsers cache.

Chrome:
  1. [FONT=inherit]Click the Chrome menu
    SNP_2696434_en_v1
    on the browser toolbar.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=inherit]Select Tools.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=inherit]Select Clear browsing data.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=inherit]In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=inherit]Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=inherit]Click Clear browsing data.[/FONT]
That wouldnt effect Java at all.

That wouldnt effect Java at all.

Agreed but I'm not responding to the installation of Java, I'm responding to the methods that the Java's site uses to detect whether the user has Java installed.

I downloaded Java but when I click 'verify if you have java' on the java site it tells me that I don't have it. I've tried uninstalling and then installing Java multiple times. My browser(firefox) is up to date.

As stated, 'uninstalling and then installing Java multiple times', this could corrupt any browser implemented detection.

However thinking about it, I would like to ask the thread starter whether they are able to run Java applications so we can rule out this being any compatibility error that disallows him from running programs that rely on Java.

Clearing his cache would reset any browser side notification of him having Java installed therefore it would allow Java's site to re-instate any detection software that would be transferred over to the user in-order to detect that Java is installed correctly.

Although, please bear in mind that this is the method of troubleshooting I have advised was declared for reasons involving trial and error that are relevant to fixing issues on the browser's side.

If I'm wrong well pha', what would I know? I'm a pigeon.

Chrome has it own java

type: chrome://plugins/

[FONT=Segoe UI]Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.7.700.203[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700[/FONT]

See it reads 2 files that means you have two versions loaded.
Disable the built-in one from Chrome for Flash
If not disable other flash an enable Chrome Flash again
Also run: [FONT=Verdana]chrome://conflicts[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]See if you have any conflicts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Also check Chrome Support of Issues with Apps Used
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/185112?hl=en&rd=1
[/FONT]

Well I've read all of these and the suggestions do not help at all. I'm not able to run any Java applications. Whenever I do so it tells me that I should download it. I'm now on Google Chrome and I still have the same error.

Let's clear the air - -

Are you trying to run a Java Applet in the browser(give us a screen shot of the Plug-ins of your browser)
OR
to run a Java application on the HD (eg: see this information )

iz2u5u.png

2u8gy6t.png

2s6ad08.png

1j6gkp.png

The last picture is actually from IE. These pictures are taken with only Java 7 Update 21 installed. I'm doing all of this because I'm trying to run a .jar file on my computer and that needs java.

:grin: The plug-in does not help you at all - - you need the JRE loaded and the command line JAVA XXX.JAR

I've had JRE downloaded before but it still didn't help.

EDIT: I'm going to re-download it. Which one should I download? x86 or x64? My laptop is 64bit but I've read people should still download 32bit since more things are compatible with it.

Can you use CMD and see

C:\Users\Jeff>java -version
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)
If not, uninstall and reinstall the JRE.

I'm going to re-download it. Which one should I download? x86 or x64? My laptop is 64bit but I've read people should still download 32bit since more things are compatible with it.

I used CMD and it said Java is not recognized as an internal or external command

"C:\Users\Artur>java -version
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)"

"C:\Users\Artur>java -version
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)"
Java IS installed correctly!

in the CMD prompt window, cd to the location of the JAR file and then
java ./xxx.jar

I pasted the above what I quoted and it told me that it's not recognized as an internal or external command. Then I put in java ./xxx.jar and for that it told me " 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. The weird thing is though that I can run the .jar with Java(TM) Platform SE Binary with no problem but it puts me in offline mode and doesn't load.

EDIT: Still the same message as I stated.

Hey? Offline? what does that mean? To me it says you can't access the Internet.

I fouled the jar reference - - should be .\xxx.jar OR an absolute path to it.

jqj4vm.png

Yeah I tried both and it still gave me the same result. So which JRE should I DL?
hmm; very atypical. Notice Java Development Kit - - that's the JDE, not the JRE.

The JRE is the runtime library needed by all users of Java.
The JDE is only necessary to compile java programs . .
javac test.java creates test.jar

I also note that your vInsert script compiler is invoking the JDE so you need to verify the install requirements of that tool.

Back