Java update error

vicky279

I am using AVG Internet Security 2013. If you do, you can install and use AVG PC Tuneup once just once. So I installed it and uninstalled it after using it once to fix few registry errors, optimize system and network speed. I did almost all of the suggested changes by the software but some of the changes it made to my network settings are giving me trouble now after uninstallation. I don't exactly remember what they were but they were about proxies I think.
The Internet Explorer was not working and java was not updating and was giving this message.

"Java Update cannot proceed with the current internet connection settings of your system. In your Windows Control Panel, please check Internet Oprions -> Connections to make sure the settings and proxy information are correct."

I was trying to update java because of the security issues but I kept seeing this above message no matter what I changed in the connection settings of IE. I reset IE but still I couldn't even open any pages on it. Finally I resorted to Microsoft's own fixit. I downloaded and used it and IE started working.
But java still showed the same message when I tried to update it from the dashboard. However, now when I tried to install it from the downloaded 875kB installation file, it did connect to the internet and started downloading the latest version which it didn't before I used Microsoft Fixit. So I let the upgrade take place and restarted the computer after the installation and also restarted the modem.
Then I tried to update the new upgraded version of java from the dashboard but it still shows the same message as above. What do I do? It updated alright before I had installed AVG PC Tuneup. Please rell me how can I fix this. I am assured that there is no virus in my pc by the way. Only the settings somewhere have got messed up.

Nevermind it is solved! Sorry to bother the forum. It was a wrong firewall rule I had made. I changed that and now it is working as usual. The IE connection settings was a real issue though but that is fixed as well. So no more problems for now. :)

I am using AVG Internet Security 2013. If you do, you can install and use AVG PC Tuneup once just once. So I installed it and uninstalled it after using it once to fix few registry errors, optimize system and network speed. .
Never a good idea to mess with the registry. A very good chance of turning that nice pc into a doorstop. I know,its happened to me.

Back