JD Downloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it seems that AVG has alerted me to this virus. I have attempted to follow all instructions regarding virus and malware removal as posted on a previous thread.

Panda Antirootkit scan came up clean and I have attached other logs for your review. I was unable to get a log for AVG Antispyware scan it didn't even give me the option. I assume due to trial period expiration as I had previously installed at an earlier date. I did try to remove and reinstall, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

get avast its much much better, much better reviews, much better detections and protection. uninstall the avg anti virus first then install avast home edition. www.avast.com

Looking over your logs now. Ill get back to you later.

Dont bother uninstalling AVG.

EDIT|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Fix entries using HijackThis
  • Open HijackThis and select do a system scan only
  • Close all browser windows(including this one) except for HijackThis
  • Put a check next to the following entries
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
  • Select Fix checked.

I would like you to do an online scan so that we can what else may be in your system,
Run Kaspersky online scanner
With the exception of Internet Explorer, which must be used for this scan, keep ALL programs closed
Note: It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans to speed up scan time and to make sure there are no conflicts.
Do not go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware application you use.

Do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner in Internet Explorer. You will be prompted to install and run an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75%. Once the licence accepted, reset to 100%.
  • The program will launch and then start to download the latest definition files.
  • Once the scanner is installed and the definitions downloaded, click Next.
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
    o Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    o Extended (If available, otherwise use standard)
    o Scan Options:
    o Scan Archives
    o Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Under select a target to scan, select My Computer
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Please do not use your computer while the scan is running. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Click the Save Report As... button (see red arrow below)

Kas-SaveReport-1.gif

• In the Save as... prompt, select Desktop
  • In the File name box, name the file
  • In the Save as type prompt, select Text file (see below)

Kas-Savetxt.gif

• Include the report in your next post.

Run HijackThis again and post a fresh log.

So in your reply you should have.

1)kaspersky report
2)Fresh HijackThis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back