Jeep to introduce four electric SUVs across the US, Europe by 2025

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Jeep has announced plans to introduce four all-electric SUVs in North America and Europe by the end of 2025. The "product offensive" will include the Jeep Recon, an all-new electric SUV. It'll feature a host of features catering to off-roading enthusiasts including Jeep's Selec-Terrain traction management system, aggressive off-road tires, under-body protection, tow hooks and e-locker axle technology.

Jeep claims the Recon will have the ability to cross the Rubicon Trail and drive back to town on a single charge.

The Stellantis-owned brand is also working on an all-electric Wagoneer. Codenamed Wagoneer S (which apparently stands for speed, striking and sexy), this premium SUV will feature an aerodynamic design targeting a range of 400 miles on a single charge. With 600 horsepower on tap, Jeep estimates I'll be able to sprint from zero to 60 mph in roughly 3.5 seconds.

Both the Jeep Recon and Wagoneer will be shown to the public and made available to reserve next year before entering production in 2024 in North America.

The Jeep Avenger, meanwhile, is slated to debut at the Paris Motor Show on October 17. This compact, all-electric SUV will have a target range of 400 kilometers (about 249 miles) and boast "impressive" ground clearance as well as breakover and approach angles. Look for it to start shipping in Europe in early 2023.

A fourth vehicle, "built on the success of the Wrangler," was also shown in Jeep's YouTube presentation. It featured Grand Wagoneer badging and an estimated combined range of over 500 miles, which Jeep said will allow a driver to travel from New York, New York to Toronto, Canada on just one initial charge. The presenter conveniently failed to mention the vehicle by name so perhaps Jeep hasn't yet decided what to call it.

It's all part of a long-term plan that'll see half of all Jeeps sold in the US and 100 percent sold in Europe be fully electric by 2030. Dodge, another brand owned by Stellantis, recently previewed an all-electric version of its popular Charger muscle car.

Permalink to story.

Just what we need, more drain on the electric grids at the behest of government fools. How are those blackouts going for you CA? They are only going to get worse!

Al Gore was right about one thing - if you started planning and diverting 30-40 years ago this would all be non-issues .
This dicussion could become how's Texas electricity , water doing etc .

Most countries in the world are billions if not trillions of dollars behind on critical infrasture projetcs - My country NZ - we haven't built resilence to floods , droughts , our electrical , road net work is vulnerable to mega Earthquakes etc .

If you think continue ICE , coal fire power stations will solve problems it won't yes CO2 can help some plants like weeds grow faster even some food crops but that is a very mixed bag .

That grid you mention will get hit more by airconditioning in hot summer heatwaves going on for multipe days - little cooling in nights.
Over 50 degrees celcius is the death zone = over 40 degrees with 100% humidity is the death zone ( your sweat will not evaporate ) ,
Those big industries that fund the disinformation - they are planning for global warming - they are greedy , cynical , but they know climate change is real so they plan the money train.

The world getting warmer each year - is not some unknown cycle only known by rightwing researchers and facebook warriors .

Anyway back to the point at hand electric car dominance is coming - the infrastucture is crap - things will happen -lots of bumbling and grafting along the way by the rulng classes - who get free medical , holidays when they want etc, will little worries about jail time for milking their voters and tax dollars

Al Gore was right about one thing - if you started planning and diverting 30-40 years ago this would all be non-issues .
Don't believe everything you read about Texas's so-called "megadrought." It's mostly hogwash. I live in Texas and It rains here plenty. Trust me. Some of the most severe and heavy rains I have encountered and I lived most of my life in Oregon. Aside from large desert areas where few people live, most of Texas is green and we are not taxed on water usage or rationed like they are in California -- one of the many reasons I moved away from there.

I read one particular doom-and-gloom story about the Texas "megadrought" talking about corn yield quality and quantity declines. The author made some claims about how Texas produces and ships the least amount of corn to produce markets and how it's sub-par in quality to other regions in the US.

I had to laugh because we don't generally grow commercial corn for produce. A very small percentage of our corn crops are even grown for humans. However, we do have fields and fields of silage, which is corn and other plants used for feeding cattle. And THAT corn far exceeds the quality required for animal feed. In fact, it can be safely eaten if harvested properly, but that's not what it is planted for.

If they actually can deliver a unit with a 500 mile range, that will give them a leg up on most the other electric units out there ..... but I'm not holding my breath ....

Most countries in the world are billions if not trillions of dollars behind on critical infrasture projetcs - My country NZ - we haven't built resilence to floods , droughts , our electrical , road net work is vulnerable to mega Earthquakes etc .

If you think continue ICE , coal fire power stations will solve problems it won't yes CO2 can help some plants like weeds grow faster even some food crops but that is a very mixed bag .

That grid you mention will get hit more by airconditioning in hot summer heatwaves going on for multipe days - little cooling in nights.
Over 50 degrees celcius is the death zone = over 40 degrees with 100% humidity is the death zone ( your sweat will not evaporate ) ,
Those big industries that fund the disinformation - they are planning for global warming - they are greedy , cynical , but they know climate change is real so they plan the money train.

The world getting warmer each year - is not some unknown cycle only known by rightwing researchers and facebook warriors .

Anyway back to the point at hand electric car dominance is coming - the infrastucture is crap - things will happen -lots of bumbling and grafting along the way by the rulng classes - who get free medical , holidays when they want etc, will little worries about jail time for milking their voters and tax dollars

Pure political clueless garbage.

34% of Texas' power is from renewables (Wind, solar). 19% of California's is from renewables. CA is way behind.
TX got close to our max power generation capability this past summer after several weeks of 104+ days. But we didn't get there. There were no outages.
Texas gets most of its taxes by taxing property, which is one means of taxing wealth and is very progressive.
California gets its taxes through taxing consumption, payroll, and use - which are very regressive policies. It also protects wealthy people by limiting tax increases after purchasing property, CA prop 13 from 1978. Home owners in CA are also known to lobby to prevent things like a highway from Orange County to Riverside, which would lower housing costs - instead of taking a toll road at something like $20 each direction.
CA is a prime example of how much you lefties lie to and completely delude yourselves. Have fun with those EV driven power outages and forest fires due to lack of clearing deadwood because you let some hippies tell you how to run things.

If they actually can deliver a unit with a 500 mile range, that will give them a leg up on most the other electric units out there ..... but I'm not holding my breath ....
I'm curious about this too, considering that their products have the aerodynamics of a brick. Very little advance in battery energy density over the last few years to offset the weight of batteries needed for such a range too.

Pure political clueless garbage.

34% of Texas' power is from renewables (Wind, solar). 19% of California's is from renewables. CA is way behind.
TX got close to our max power generation capability this past summer after several weeks of 104+ days. But we didn't get there. There were no outages.
Texas gets most of its taxes by taxing property, which is one means of taxing wealth and is very progressive.
California gets its taxes through taxing consumption, payroll, and use - which are very regressive policies. It also protects wealthy people by limiting tax increases after purchasing property, CA prop 13 from 1978. Home owners in CA are also known to lobby to prevent things like a highway from Orange County to Riverside, which would lower housing costs - instead of taking a toll road at something like $20 each direction.
CA is a prime example of how much you lefties lie to and completely delude yourselves. Have fun with those EV driven power outages and forest fires due to lack of clearing deadwood because you let some hippies tell you how to run things.
You know I'm a Kiwi - great Texas taxing wealth , has renewables . As for electricity Texas was in news in 2021 power outage - which was the result of not investing in infrastructure - ie protecting it from cold spells .
I have read stories about Texas water tables in past sinking and possible contamination ( saltwater ?? ) - saying that California isn't much better needing Green river to surive I think . I visited and hiked about Big Bend National park - and the rio grande was just sludge when I was there .
My basic point stands whether NZ, Ca. Tx we need to invest trillions , billions in our case infrastucture .
Off the top of my head USA has that Federal Dept that maintains , floodwaters, rivers etc , drainage - they have done great work in the past - and if allowed could do great work in future - In NZ with earthquakes , floodling , landslides , erosion you can have your house red-stickered - which means it's over for your house - sometimes your land . But people should be compensated - our govt of the day ( our lefty centralist one ) wants to make farmers return land to wetlands - wetlands are great - but the farmers should be compensated for loss of productve land .
Same as your Mississippi flood plains - crazy people want govt to protect them to live on it and kept rebuilding - stockbanks, dykes are only a very local solution and make big floods worse if overused to contain water .
There is nothing lefty or righty about conserving nature , being custodians of the land .
China wants to build the biggest water system in world to pump water south to north .
We don't have those resources - and being smart it's not needed .
Nor does the USA needs huge water pipes coming from Canada - we just got to be smarter and invest in the future ,

Anyway Texas with the inflow of Californians it's becoming lefty .
I stayed with a friend in Austin when it was still quaint and quiet 35 years ago- I could walk to center in 15 minutes from their tree lined street - probably only millionaires could buy there now - anyway that had lots of liberal New Yorkers back then .
Given that travelled the B roads of Texas -- ranchers in their ford pckups were always friendly as - even though I had a hippy VW vanagon camper .
First couple of times there hitchhiked no problem across it and from Houston to Brownsville border on way to Mexico - was at time of young women going missing near border 1988

Texas was in news in 2021 power outage - which was the result of not investing in infrastructure
No. The blackout was due to investing in the wrong infrastructure. The snowstorm blanketed the state's solar farms and windmills with snow and ice, shutting them down. The natural gas turbines should have come online to pick up the load -- but ERCOT had a few years earlier decided to "go green" and replace the propane-fired gas wellhead pumps with electric ones, which resulted in a classic chicken-egg problem: with much of the grid down, there was no electricity to restart it.

ERCOT's nuclear segment came through largely unscathed, of course. Of their four nuclear reactors, only one went offline ... and that only for a few hours.

Anyway Texas with the inflow of Californians it's becoming lefty .
I stayed with a friend in Austin when it was still quaint and quiet 35 years ago- I could walk to center in 15 minutes from their tree lined street - probably only millionaires could buy there now - anyway that had lots of liberal New Yorkers back then .
Given that travelled the B roads of Texas -- ranchers in their ford pckups were always friendly as - even though I had a hippy VW vanagon camper .
First couple of times there hitchhiked no problem across it and from Houston to Brownsville border on way to Mexico - was at time of young women going missing near border 1988
Texas is a long way from becoming a blue state. Austin is a liberal hub. So is Dallas and they are both sh**holes. Nice to visit but you don't want to live there. But every state is like that. Red states have their blue stronghold and Blue have their red. It takes more than increasing the populations in those cities to flip the state.

That aside, yeah, it's hard to find people more friendly than those in Texas. It was a big culture shock for me in a way when I moved here from CA. In Cali, you go for a walk and everyone has their head down either looking at their phone or staring at the ground and never acknowledging you, so you kinda end up doing the same.

When I moved here it was like the exact opposite and it took me a bit to get used to. Walk down the street here, nobody (well very few) have their phones out and always say "Hi" as they pass. Servers in restaurants act like they know you personally—lots of "Honey," "Sugar," "Darlin'," and stuff like that, unless you are a regular and they know your name then it's first name basis service.

People on the street actually go out of their way to greet you and even help. When I was moving in I was standing outside "supervising" the movers, the next door neighbor drove into his garage and came out, introduced himself, and asked if he could help. Something that would never have happened where I lived in CA (Fresno). I told him it wasn't necessary and that they were getting paid and I wanted my money's worth. He laughed and we chatted a bit and now whenever paths cross we shoot the breeze for a bit before heading out to do our business.

Super nice people here (Temple), and I hate do keep beating Austin, but it is more like CA with the people for the most part (in my experience) being pretty self-absorbed.

Germany spent tenths of billions on "green" energy. They have been investing heavily for the last 30 years. And where did it get them? Nowhere. Wasted money.

Because the energy sources that "greenies" are advocating are bottomless pits for money. Lots of input, but no output. They only work in ideal conditions. But in real life, they are useless.

As opposed to "greenies", normal people want more hydro and geothermal energy. Which is very green too, but unlike solar and wind (which are unreliable) hydro and geothermal are reliable and constant. The first geothermal powerplant is now 120 years old, and still working.

But "greenies" in their infinite <opposite of wisdom> actually ATTACK those energy sources. They attack all proper, constant, reliable ecological sources and only push unreliable and mostly useless sources. Hence, they aren't really green. They are just corrupt activists working on making the power supply unreliable.

Texas experienced that first hand. And this winter Germany will experience the same. If they invested all that wasted money in real green energy (hydro and geothermal) they wouldn't be dependent on Russian gas so much, their electricity bills would be lower, and they wouldn't have to fear the next 10 winters.

Back