TechSpot

Job posting reveals Google wants to get into gaming

By Emil
Jun 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google is looking for a Product Manager of Games (via Engadget), which appears to be a new project at the company. This isn't the first time we've heard that Google…

Read the whole story

2. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

Bets on Google having purchased PopCap?

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +327

haha! i wouldn't be suprised :)

4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 893   +133

ChromeOS will totally be a viable gaming platform!

5. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

6. vipor231

vipor231 TS Rookie Posts: 31

this could help out linux if done right,linux needs gaming support badly instead of using wine to run things,it could actually have native support

7. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

A man can dream, a man can dream...

When enemy territory quake wars was released with a linux native client i was like O.O now's the time!

Then no other games came out and i was like ._. maybe not.

8. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 280

ET Quake Wars was a good game, even on PS3.

9. It will not matter which OS or device you use if you can play your favorite game on a browser.

10. First, this probably isnt the right area to post this. Sorry, but im desperate. You users seem to be knowelgeable with computer related equipment. We have a credit card processing unit and everything was working well until we went from Cox cable to DSL. Our credit card terminal now will NOT connect through ethernet..only dial up. We have checked our router that it is plugged into and the port is flashing so we know its connected. All of our computers connect to the web all day long without problems .Anyone have any ideas!?!? Thanks in advance!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.