TechSpot

Jolla unveils first Sailfish OS smartphone, set to ship this year

By Shawn Knight
May 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Jolla on Monday unveiled the first smartphone designed to run a Meego-inspired operating system called Sailfish. The Finnish mobile handset company, comprised of ex-Nokia employees, believes the self-titled mobile device will be a strong candidate in the mid- to high-end...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,057   +918

$513? No thanks. I was impressed at first, but then the new OS, thick design, and price threw me off.

3. Waiting to see more info. I will probably pre order if for no reason to show Nokia's board how wrong they were to allow Elop to sell their companies future down the drain to MicroSoft.

4. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 99   +21

I like to see more companies trying to break into the market. Sadly unless they have an amazing device they will remain small..if they remain at all.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

I wouldn't judge it just yet. Maybe they're onto something here.

6. havok585

havok585 TS Enthusiast Posts: 108   +19

Oh really? Like the first iphone was really cheap and look how that turned out. We're talking abouy ex-nokia employees here, so there are high hopes for this one.

7. coolazeem

coolazeem TS Rookie Posts: 21

What exactly is an Estrada display? o_O

8. I think it looks beautiful !!!

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,057   +918

That was what I was impressed at.

10. TekGun

TekGun TS Enthusiast Posts: 158   +13

Looks really nice, apparently you can side load android apps.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.