TechSpot

jpg pictures

By MrsChad
Sep 25, 2004
  1. I have another problem---I hope I can explain it correctly. Scenario: I scan a picture with my scanner. I save it to My Pictures in Word as a jpg. I go to retrieve it and I get a box that says Convert From: and there are many different things listed such as Works, Word 97 etc but no jpg. Sometimes when I am in Word, I click on File, then open, then click on the picture I want and jpg isn't one of the choices. I am so :confused: confused. Any suggestions?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Give us some more details about your scanner make and model, the scanning software and the way you scan.

You should never scan a picture and save it in Word. Scan into a "file" instead, you should be given the (probably default) format of .tiff, but you can then also opt for .gif (also known as Compuserve's format, probably the most accurate) or .jpg/.jpeg and a bunch of others.
    You should still save the scanned file in your "My Pictures".

If you have not got it yet, surf over to:
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    and D/L and install the (free) Irfanview, one of the easiest programs for picture manipulation.

3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Scan with Imaging instead (it comes with Windows, it's in Start Menu - Programs - Accessories), if you don't have any better applications with scanning support (like Paint Shop Pro).

4. MrsChad

MrsChad TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you so much for your help! I have downloaded the irfanview program and I thought the Scanner wizard was for installing the scanner! I have a lot to learn. Thanks again for your help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.