JS/Downloader.Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been infected with this virus, and I need help getting rid of it. I have no idea where to start, though I've read up some on what it's done.

It's no a Virus, It;s SPYWARE!

A lot of people don't understand this, but if your computer is still running, the infection is not a virus but SPYWARE!! A computer virus is a deliberate attempt to disable your computer and often does. Spyware is different. It's illicit business software aimed at selling or advertising something to you. The problem is, spyware can accidentally mess up your computer. If your computer is infected but still able to boot and run, albeit dysfunction ally, it's spyware. And the clean spyware, you use anti-spyware utilities not anti-virus.

You need to download/install/run the following (click on the name to get the TechSpot download page):

okay my avg says that the virus was 'healed'. but earlier, i deleted the source file that said downloader.agent. should i still be concerned?

i ran a search for plaxo and couldn't find anything (aside from the plaxo that's in aim6), nor could i turn up anything when i searched .cdy

edit: thanks, andy!

i already used avg. i'll dl ad-aware, too.

My rule is, if the virus/spyware symptoms disappear, you don't worry about "quarantined" or leftover items. They usually don't matter anymore.

Best,
-- Andy

Please accomplish these tasks for improvement

Best place to start would be with the sticky (shown above this current thread) click on this address for full directions. https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Regards.

Once these tasks are accomplished the experts at Techspot are able to assist you with your hijackthis! logs. This is a starting point - giving the expert techs here a platform to assist and make suggestions. The experts here are highly trained and can help once these tasks (in the order suggested) have been accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back