TechSpot

Judge: Over 99% of 'Expendables' pirates are untouchable

By Matthew
Aug 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. US District Court Judge Robert Wilkins has all but dismissed the massive piracy case brought against some more than 23,000 alleged infringers. In early May, the now infamous US Copyright…

Read the whole story

2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Untouchable eh? Well, when there is a problem, Hollywood has made a movie about it. And if they made one movie, they can make a sequel.

Kevin Costner, Sean Connery and Andy Garcia unite as a team of crack MPAA agents which will bring down these so-called untouchable pirates, breaking rules, breaking hearts, and breaking the box office: Un2ouchables

Then you can keep the long tail going by making a reality show about real life MPAA agents trying to track down people who pirated the Un2ouchables, followed by the Court TV broadcasts of the trials themselves. Then a reality show about how these pirates cope with prison and entrance back into society.

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,880

That all sounds so much worse than sitting through "The Expendables" in the first place.

In lieu of opting to downloading another Sly Stallone ego trip and getting in trouble for it, might I suggest renting "Sucker Punch" from Redbox?

4. Cop Land was awesome.

5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

I haven't seen 'Expendables' yet...maybe it's a good time to pirate a copy.

But alas, I'm a good boy, and my bandwidth wouldn't allow it anyway; "Expendables 57" would be kicking around by the time my download had finished.

6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,953   +162

When you make a good movie people pay to see it, when you make a bad movie people torrent it, watch it for 20 minutes and then wish they had there 20 minutes back. Iv never seen the expendable and god willing never will. I give sucker punch 7\10.

7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,693   +1,880

Sadly, the offending bandwidth is only a memory too.
    That's about 3 1/2 stars, gotta be worth a buck, right?

8. r8bwp

r8bwp TS Enthusiast Posts: 32

yep i bought the expendables 4/10, sniff what a sack of cack. Watch Red instead much better in everyway 8.5/10 . suckerpunch great action. 8/10

9. As more inexpensive is a product so more people prefer it and vice versa.
    So isn’t true that all the people who have seen the movie for zero price they will want to see the movie for a non-zero price.
    So if someone don’t want buy a movie and see it for free there is no loss for anyone.

10. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,181   +528

Can we just sue Hollywood for lacking creativity and for all the ideas they have stolen from people who never got credit?

11. The impudently large crowd of alleged pirates definitely contributed to this outcome. Smaller cases don't get as much publicity. http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com