TechSpot

Jumpdrive Problem - Error Message

By merfman
Oct 12, 2009
  1. Hi everybody

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with this error that continues to show up on my USB Jumpdrive (8GB) that I am unable to fix.

When deleting all the files off my jumpdrive I get the error message that says:

There is a corruption in file: F:\.Trashes\501\TRANSFER\.fseventsd

I am unable to delete this file (which shows up as a hidden item) and unable to use Unlocker to get rid of the problem. There are not other files on this jumpdrive and I am unable to get rid of this last one.

Also if anyone knows how to reformat this jumpdrive and can give me a walkthrough that would help me alot (after I get rid of the problem stated above)

Thanks for any help
    merfman

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Are you using an Apple/Mac computer?

3. merfman

merfman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

Yes Im using an Macbook Pro

When i deleted an old Photoshop file it moved this into the trash and whenever the jumpdrive is plugged in it shows up in the trash but not when the jumpdrive isn't plugged in.

if that helps any

4. Tmagic650

Couldn't find any "fixes" on the Internet. Other than this error can you still use the Jump drive?

5. merfman

merfman TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 58

Tmagic650

yes the jumpdrive still works fine. but every once in a while the error message pops up saying the same as in the original post. So I was just wondering if its possible to fix it/get rid of it

6. Tmagic650

As I said, no one seems to have a fix, but there are many with the problem....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.