TechSpot

June 4th, next big day for me :)

By poertner_1274
May 22, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. I can't wait to get my DSL hooked up. Until then my time on here will unfortunately be minmal. Only when I can find the time to goto someone else's house and use their internet.

I am sorry for my absense, but I hope you guys can get along without me.

But be looking for me to come back in full swing after I get that DSL hooked up :)

2. negroplasty

negroplasty TS Maniac Posts: 516   +12

That's great poert; it won't be the same here without you (for a while). I am also about to get DSL hooked up in my area any time now, although I have the time and the patience to surf with a 56K for now, however frustrating it may be ;) ! See ya when you get broadband then :grinthumb !!!

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +6

LOL!

I thought you were gonna tell us you were getting married on that day!

4. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

LOL, true @Phant, i was expecting something more like marriage news or such

but well after all for us geeky guys it's a very important day in our life, the day we get a broadband connection is like the day we leave parent's home, the first day @work and not school any more, ....

just kidding :p

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +393

I know when he's getting married :)

I am trying to decide if I can afford cable internet this summer, I don't have a roommate anymore and I don't have a job, just classes to go to. And I don't want to spend all my graduation money on normal living expenses. sucks, don't know what to do.

6. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

maybe buy a little less b*** cans ;) :p :p hehehe

omg, he already has fixed a date for his wedding ?

7. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Or buy in bulk...hehe!;)

8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Topic Starter Posts: 4,172

Nah, that is 3 days later ;) HONESTLY

I can't wait.

9. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,350

Hmm, I was wondering where you were. Havent seen you in chat in a little while. Your getting married? You sure this lady can put up with you? lol.. just kidding. Good luck with that man.

10. poertner_1274

Well it seems the phone company has been having problems with my order for some reason. It appears that it won't be hooked up until next week sometime, while I am on vacation. So I guess you guys will just have to wait another week or so until you get to deal with me full time again :)

Well until then, take care all.

11. poertner_1274

Well, I am back from the honeymoon and got my DSL setup just now and thought the first place I should go once I got back was TS, since I have missed it these last weeks. So just to let you all know I am back. I hope things weren't too bad while I was gone.