TechSpot

Juniper: Android malware growing exponentially

By Rick
Nov 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Juniper Networks has discovered an alarming amount of malware targeting Google's mobile operating system. The company shares what it describes as exponential growth in a lucrative market that is fairly…

Read the whole story

2. Percent increases are meaningless without a number to back it. 1 piece of malware to 5 pieces of malware next month, OMG 500%.

3. So does anyone ever actually bother to use those virus scanner apps from the market, like Lookout?

4. Yes I use lookout.. Was one for first apps I put on my phone.

5. use BullGuard Mobile Security much more complete.

6. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TS Enthusiast Posts: 179

I wouldn't call this news. I'd call it another Apple Vs Android Thread. It's really starting to become annoying.

7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Must be getting pretty popular :p

8. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TS Enthusiast Posts: 168   +23

if there where 2 dodgy apps and another appeared, the growth in malware would be 50%, percentages are meaningless indeed

9. I use Norton both on my iphone and Sony Ericsson xperia arc.. LoL :p

10. Lookout? Seriously? Why the hell do we have to put antivirus on our phones!!

11. To have to put virus / malware protection on a phone is ridiculous. Those programs are resource hogs using processor power and battery. I too think the constant arguments about iPhone vs Android are kind of silly, but I have to admit this is a major advantage for iPhone. There are over 500,000 apps for iPhones and they are all certified to be safe. I used to have a droid, I actually liked it a lot, but I had some problems with it - and switched to an iPhone. Once you really own one/use one, you begin to see why the iPhone is so popular.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.