Just a quick note...

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too, that wasn't as painful as I thought it might be. Didn't even ask for an email addy, or anything personal.

Would've been nice if it worked in Opera 7.21...
All I get there is a black window....:(

But at least it works with NetScape 7.1 :)

I was going to fill it out until it asked for income...then stopped. It wouldn't let ME fill out what I wanted you to know. Sorry

The link leads to a completely black screen. There is no text or graphics, just blackness and a url which shows some ad link.

Nic - Opera could be your problem.
Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Would've been nice if it worked in Opera 7.21...
All I get there is a black window....:(

But at least it works with NetScape 7.1 :)

You are correct Nic, I had to disable NPF completely to be able to see the survey. I probably should have mentioned that before.

I think I may have too, but I'm sure there is someone else on the boards that hasn't filled it out that has the same answers as me.

Survey completed.

I had to disable ZoneAlarm AND switch from Opera to IE in order to view the survey. That's pretty poor in this day and age, especially having to disable my firewall.

Originally posted by Nic
Survey completed.

I had to disable ZoneAlarm AND switch from Opera to IE in order to view the survey. That's pretty poor in this day and age, especially having to disable my firewall.
Same here, except I'm using MyIE2. After turning ZAP off to get to this page, I remember I filled it out on the first or second day it was posted.

Maybe a marketing profile for TS users, in order to better serve ads?
thats really all I can think of, from the info it asked for anyway, it was pretty non-specific stuff, similar to the questions on warrany registration cards.

Yes, it was ad-flow who was giving the survey. So I'm sure they are wanting to know what kinds of things users who visit the site are interested in for better advertisements. It is worth it.

Just make sure everyone helps and actually views some of the ads every once in a while, they help keep TechSpot alive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back