Just built computer and won't post on monitor

I just built my desktop and when i turn on my computer everything seems to be working fine. The Motherboard, GPU, Hard drive and SSD and heat sink all seem to be working. But when i connect it to a monitor it will not show. It shows a mouse on a monitor then counts down from 5 and then turns off. I tried connecting the monitor to a laptop and it works fine. Its a Samsung LS22A100N.

My computer specs are a i7 2600k, Sabertooth p67 MoBo, Patriot 12gb RAM 1600mhz, EVGA 560 TI SC, Cooler Master 1200W PSU, OCZ 40gb SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD.

My cousin thinks it may either be the MotherBoard/CPU/GPU
The motherboard has a green light at the bottom so i think its fine. Its a new CPU so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. and idk about the GPU so i think it may be the GPU.

So check to see that the metal standoffs for mounting the motherboard to the case are only positioned where there are holes in the motherboard and remove any standoffs that are not used, or still located under the motherboard. This is a common mistake for first time computer builders

Well i took it to CompUsa and the guy literally took apart my whole thing and said that he had to "reseet"? it and put the GPU in the second pcie slot instead of the first.

Good deal, so we know the motherboard was shorting to the case or the video card was in the wrong spot... or both :)

The computer has already been repaired cliffordcooley... The computer is working fine. Next time read the whole post ;)

Back