TechSpot

'Just Cause 3' heading to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC next year

By Shawn Knight
Nov 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The third installment of one of the most popular open-world action-adventure games of all-time has been officially confirmed. Swedish developer Avalanche Studios on Tuesday announced that Just Cause 3 is indeed in development and will be heading to the PlayStation...

Read more

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,684   +791

FANTASTIC! I'm still having fun playing JC-2 ... just hope he designed it so you don't have to have the latest kick *** CPU, etc, etc to have fun with it! Us retired folks just can afford to go out and buy a new machine every year! LOL

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,218   +1,244

I hope they take advantage of the most cutting edge rendering features but also make it scale back to look decent on mid-range/low-end hardware for the retired folks :)

4. This is awesome, if they improve over how awesome JC2 was :eek:

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

If I never knew any better I'd have thought you had me in mind :D I may be retired but I still play PC games and my hardware (computer hardware of course, what were you thinking?) :eek: still delivers the necessary bite to make me happy. (y)

6. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 865   +434

"...balance between just outright stupid and fun."

Well, at least they're honest, otherwise I would have to point out that grappling a propane tank is probably not a good idea as the immediate result is....obliteration. LOL

On a more serious note, when I see that a game is being made for XBOne, PS4, and PC, all I can think of is what's the lowest denominator and just how bad the port is going to be to PC :/