Just got a puppy!

By abe10tiger
Nov 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. And may I welcome to you, our new family member:

Samartha Nutella Yu! or you can just call her Martha. She's a Chihuahua / Miniature Pinscher mix - a cute one btw... she's 5 months old and very attached to me! I really love her, she's like a sister to me! XD

I'll post a picture of her as soon as I can. :D
  2. ucould2

ucould2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 335

Did you rescue it from a shelter?
    I googled it and found the type of animal she-Martha- "may be"

Also found this Quote which I tended to sympathise with having been a dog owner once
    Hows the night howling going ? :stickout:
  3. monrayl

monrayl TechSpot Member Posts: 74

Funny :haha:
  4. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 782   +10

LOL, someone gave her to me. XDD

Kinda having a bit of problem with her since I'm a first time puppy owner. xDD
  5. Night Fire

Night Fire TechSpot Member Posts: 35

they're so cute when they're young but then again all baby animals are ultra cute ^_^
    btw cats are hell alot cuter than puppies :)
  6. Velokki

Velokki Newcomer, in training

Cute! I've always been keen on getting a Corgi, some day I will! Those little sausages :D
  7. jenmn

jenmn Newcomer, in training

Good for you. Treasure your new buddy for life! I love dogs. We're thinking of getting a Jack Russel.
  8. ucould2

ucould2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 335

So it's been a while considering puppies are weened from the mothers teats at around the 6 week mark
    Then added that you got Samartha Nutella Yu! back in November
    Equates to at least FIVE months
    One more month and the considered opinion would be that the Puppie is no longer that
    More a teenager in Dog years :rolleyes:
    But still no *mutt* photos ;)
  9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

errr, another small dog owner.
  10. jeremysnow

jeremysnow Newcomer, in training

Agreed, and hell of a lot more fun if you ask me. Just give 'em a piece of paper or some bouncing ball thingy and they go crazy instantly.

Btw, congrats for the puppy. Where's the picture?
  11. abe10tiger

Sure, here is one. :)
    [​IMG]

btw, cool name. :)

12. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

hes nice looking pup, dont ever feed em human food unless you like being begged
  13. circusboy01

circusboy01 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 804   +9

I took care of a lady in a wheelchair for about 9 years. At one time she had 14 dogs
    When I last saw her she had 6 or 7 All cute when they were puppies and still cute when they were grown. She fed them the very best dog food Nutra Max she all so fed them everything she ate. I mentioned to her that dogs live longer if you don't feed them table scraps and other stuff. She told me that her Vet, from when she had her first dog, Told her that Feeding a dog nothing but healthy dog food it's whole life, will only add a year maybe two, to their life. Compared to a dog that get to eat people food too.
    She said she would rather have a dog eat what ever it wanted, along with the dog food,and enjoy life for 15 years. Then make one have to eat the same old boring dog food,and live for 16 years. So I think it kind of up to the individual whether you want to feed them people food or not..Me. I'm the type one little whimper or one of those looks a dog can give, and I'm sharing my Rib Eye with them Ray
    I'm sorry forgot to tell you what a cute dog you have.Does he have any kids to play with?
  14. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,164   +228

treetops, he is a she, . see 1st post. :)

Cute puppy abe10tiger. Enjoy teaching doggie tricks. :approve:
  15. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

We had one of those. His name was "Sonic," I'm sure you can guess why.
  16. abe10tiger

Thank You all!

Yeah, she's got my 8 year old sister to play with. But she chose me as her Companion for life. I can tell. XD

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.