Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home from a vacation after summer, everything was already set up in my computer, except that I had sold the Phenom X3 9650 before I left, which left my computer .. well, CPU-less. When I came back, I bought a new Phenom 2 X4 955. So, I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it. No, I'm not overclocking the CPU. No, I'm not doing anything else out of the ordinary. I've had this processor installed for at least a week now. My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM! I can't take this anymore! I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft, so that I can view the BSOD error codes, etc., etc. So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time. I just need to know how to fix it. The three BSOD's I've been getting are: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x000000d1), KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x100008e) and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (0x00000050). HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE!?

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

I absolutely agree with olefarte. Your CPU is an AM3 while the mobo is an AM2+. On the ASUS website Phenom II is not mentioned among the supported processors. However, most AM3 processors should work on AM2+ mobos with the required BIOS update.

Try it and let us know.

I absolutely agree with olefarte. Your CPU is an AM3 while the mobo is an AM2+. On the ASUS website Phenom II is not mentioned among the supported processors. However, most AM3 processors should work on AM2+ mobos with the required BIOS update.

Try it and let us know.
Actually, a minute or two after I posted my first post about this thread, I used ASUSUpdate to search for new BIOS. I now have the latest BIOS and my computer has been working perfectly fine ever since! - Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back