Just installed XP on other now missing drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just installed windows xp on my other computer because it had a virus and now it is missing drivers for the Ethernet card(Built in), Video Card(Built in) and etc. There are more but its all the little stuff that I could worry about later. I'm just wondering where and how can i get drivers for my computer if I can't get on the internet cause I dont have to driver to get on and I dont know what kind I need. What do I do?

Next time you do this don't forget to backup all you drivers.
Now you have to guess what netwrok adapter your pc need.

If you don't have the original driver CD for your motherboard, you will have to use another computer that can access the internet to download the necessary drivers, you know, like the one you're using now.

If you need help finding the appropriate drivers, as tuant said you need to provide us with some information first.

If this is a Dell Pc. You should have their driver disc. If not you can go to their website, and download the driver there(This is usually a problem with Dell Pcs.

Whatever brand Comp it is you should be able to download your drivers from their website(Download to an alternate computer, then transfer Via. Flash Drive, Cd, DVD....etc).

Yes, you should be able to find the driver on the system mfr website (if a dell, hp, etc.)

BUT IN WORST CASE, on the new computer,
  • Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32, and then click OK.
  • Expand Components, and then double-click Problem Devices
  • You'll see a list of installed devices without drivers. The Device and PNP Device ID columns are of most interest but just copy/paste all the entries into a TechSpot post and should be able to figure out what device you have

/********** EDIT ***************/
But still post your system specs along with the device info as note above

i have the same problem, and would appreciate some help

almost identical situation for me: i reinstalled windows xp using a recovery disc, and can't even connect to the internet. I was told by a friend that I need drivers.

I have a Dell Dimension E510. So I went on Dell's site, downloaded about 12 network and other critical drivers and put them on a memory stick (downloaded using my laptop).

So I now have 12 or so drivers and have pasted them on my desktop.

Can someone tell me where to put them (cut and paste)? Do they all go into one folder (i.e. C:/Windows/system32/drivers), or do different drivers go in different folders?

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

you can check the dell sited as there are instructions for each of the drivers the list.

But as i recall dell packages all of them as self-install executables. So you only need double click to open and it will unpack itself into correct folders and prompt you with what you need do.

thanks

thanks, I will try that. I didn't know which dell drivers to download so I stuck with the ones that related to what seemed to be critical functions like networking.

does this site have dell drivers for download as well? thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back